The Theory of the Art Nexus -- 3. The Art Nexus and the Index -- 4.
Art and Agency: An Anthropological Theory
The Involution of the Index in the Art Nexus -- 5. The Origination of the Index -- 6.
- Art and Agency: An Anthropological Theory - Alfred Gell - Google книги.
- File:Gell Alfred Art and Agency An Anthropological xyjyduma.tk - Monoskop.
- Ship of Fools.
- Alfred Gell, Art and Agency: An Anthropological Theory - PhilPapers.
The Critique of the Index -- 7. The Distributed Person -- 8.
- Graph separators, with applications?
- Similar books and articles?
- Computational Aerodynamics and Fluid Dynamics: An Introduction?
- Diagnostic Paediatric Imaging: a case study teaching manual?
- Account Options!
- Approaching Human Performance: The Functionality-Driven Awiwi Robot Hand.
Style and Culture -- 9. Conclusion: The Extended Mind. Summary In Art and Agency, Alfred Gell formulates an anthropological theory of visual art that focuses on the social context of art production, circulation, and reception.
Art and Agency:An Anthropological Theory
As a theory of the nexus of social relations involving works of art, this work suggests that in certain contexts, art-objects substitute for persons and thus mediate social agency. Diversely illustrated--and based on European, Polynesian, Melanesian, and Australian sources--Art and Agency was completed just before Gell's death at the age of fifty-one in January It embodies the intellectual bravura, lively wit, vigor, and erudition for which he was admired, and will stand as an enduring testament to one of the most gifted anthropologists of his generation.
Subject Art and anthropology. Art and society.
Alfred Gell puts forward a new anthropological theory of visual art, seen as a form of instrumental action: the making of things as a means of influencing the thoughts and actions of others. He argues that existing anthropological and aesthetic theories take an overwhelmingly passive point of view, and questions the criteria that accord art status only to a certain class of objects and not to others.
The Late Alfred Gell-Art and Agency an Anthropological Theory() | Aesthetics | Anthropology
The anthropology of art is here reformulated as the anthropology of a category of action: Gell shows how art objects embody complex intentionalities and mediate social agency. He explores the psychology of patterns and perceptions, art and personhood, the control of knowledge, and the interpretation of meaning, drawing upon a diversity of artistic traditions--European, Indian, Polynesian, Melanesian, and Australian.
- Log in with your society membership.
- votre sélection.
- Berceuse (Lullaby) from the opera Jocelyn?
- Art and Agency: An Anthropological Theory.
- A Concise History of the Modern World: 1500 to the Present!
- Linear Algebra, Second Edition;
Art and Agency was completed just before Alfred Gell's death at the age of 51 in January It embodies the intellectual bravura, lively wit, vigour, and erudition for which he was admired, and will stand as an enduring testament to one of the most gifted anthropologists of his generation. Bio de l'auteur.
Prix Payot CHF Payot Libraire Qui sommes-nous? Acheter en ligne Rechercher. Nos actions La Fondation.
Related Art and Agency: An Anthropological Theory
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved